Attention: the original Starcraft has been patched for the first time in over 8 years and is now FREE.
StarCraft and StarCraft: Brood War are now free. The links below will direct you to the correct battle.net installer for your system (if you’re on PC or MAC):
- They’ve gone ahead and added windowed fullscreen/windowed mode (Alt+Enter to switch between).
- They’ve also added UTF-8 support.
- Cursor clamping in-game while windowed; unclamped in menus.
- Added Popular Maps to streamline finding games or game types.
- Added options to display actions per minute.
- Added Observer mode.
- Added opponent information when joining a game lobby.
- Added autosaving for replays.
- Added an option to display the game timer.
- Added UPnP support.
- Updated to a new OpenGL backend.
- Improved gameplay responsiveness during multiplayer by increasing turn rate to match LAN speeds over Battle.net.
- Improved UI layout in Battle.net sections.
- Improved behavior of available lobbies within the ‘Join Game’ section.
- Improved compatibility with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10.
- Improved anticheat capabilities.
- Improved installation and patching performance.
- Mac Beta support now available for 10.11 and up.
Along with a couple of bug fixes, pretty impressive of Blizzard! Enjoy.